Wednesday, April 04, 2007

SSCM5


To my friends, colleagues and readers:

I am pleased to announce the launch of a new supply chain consulting firm: SSCM5.

For the past several years I have hung my shingle with American Healthcare Solutions, LLC in Pittsburgh. As one of the founding members of AHS I always have and continue to take great pride in the success of this organization: though clearly Jan Jennings is the driving force that made AHS what it is today. It was while working with Jan and the other members of AHS that I honed the high standard of ethics and extraordinary concern for the interest of a client that a good consultant must carry with them 24/7 - far more than the casual observer outside the profession could ever realize. For this I will be forever grateful. However, sometimes even with the best of organizations, with good, no make that great leadership, there comes an intersection where one must decide which direction to take. This is particularly true with smaller or mid-sized firms that simply cannot be all things to all people. With mixed feelings I came to that point with AHS and we will now head on slightly different courses.

Many shared the opinion that Supply Chain Management was never as fully developed within the AHS fold as it could and should be, needing more attention and resources - to be a core focus. By early May my associates and I will complete the launch of the new firm, to be headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, which will target the special needs of the healthcare supply chain market. Moving the business physically closer to home will allow me more time to focus on and expand a product line that will cover all of the needs an organization may have vis-a-vis supply chain management and related processes.

I hope you will all wish us luck with this new endeavor. With the obstacles faced by any new business, prayers are also appreciated.

PS - Killer website to follow.

No comments: